Monday 6 September 2010

Chile

dawned on (me): to realize; to remember
Example: Hey, you know what dawned on me?

gone our separate ways: when people who were together leave one another
Example: The last time I saw you, you told, you mentioned something and, I didn’t even
realize it until we had already gone our separate ways.

not long after: a short amount of time
Example: Yeah, I lived in Chile, uh, for a year not long after college.

pretty much right after: right around the time of; close to the time of
Example: So, did you, pretty much right after you graduated, you just decided to travel, or…

get by: to do okay by using only what you have
Example: However I was able to get by.

hang out: to casually pass time
Example: It was a group of, uh, people who liked to, uh, um, hang out and play guitar and go dancing…

wing it: to do something without any planning
Example: And I just thought, I’m just gonna wing it, uh....

No comments:

Post a Comment