Wednesday 22 September 2010

Nepal - part 1

a walk down memory lane
to think back or to remember
Example: That must have really been a walk down memory lane because you were in a lot of those pictures.

sticking out in my mind
here it means to be present in my mind or to remember more than any other one
Example: Y’know, there’s this one that’s sticking out in my mind where you have all this
paint on your face…

an assault on my senses
affect me or influence me at once (at one time)
Example: You know, when I arrived in Katmandu, it was just such an assault on my senses…in a, in a positive way, in a good way.

had a ball
to have a good time
to have a lot of fun
Example: …I had a ball when I was there.

feel so at home
make you feel comfortable or at ease
Example: I mean the people there just make you feel so at home.

bend over backwards
do almost anything for you; very helpful
Example: I mean they’ll bend over backwards to do whatever they can for you.

see your breath
to be able to see the air when breathing out because the outside temperature is so cold
Example: I mean, y’know, it was so early that, uh, it was still dark and you could see your breath as you were walking.

paying off
giving payment or money to
Example: Yeah. So, uh, y’know, after uh paying off the Maoists [laugh], we went down to, uh, eat breakfast at the guest house.

got a shot of (picture)
to take a picture or photograph of someone or something
Example: And I even got a shot of him and me together so…

No comments:

Post a Comment